This page is dedicated to the Race Directors interested in having their event as part of the National Championships Series.
The Association of Canadian Ultramarathoners (ACU) organizes the National Championship Series of races annually.
It would be great to see your race in the ACU national series. The requirements are not huge or complicated, and the Championship status attached to a race can draw more runners, and from further afield.
There are two options if you would like to involve your race with the ACU series.
Option #1 – Host an ACU National Championship Race
Here are the requirements for ACU National Championship Races: 50km, 50mile, 100km, 100mile, 6hrs, 12hrs, 24hrs, 48hrs
1) race is to have IAU lable (Bronze Lable is free) – details on International Association of Ultrarunners website under the Lable Application menu: www.iau-ultramarathon.org
2) course measurement required as per IAU label standards. Road event need an official course measurement. Trail event need only GPS measurement. If you are renewing your IAU label and there is no changes to the course, no additional course measuring is required.
3) ACU will provide recommendation letter to apply for the IAU Lable
4) race director to provide ACU with race results for ranking purposes
5) race director to remit $2 per runner registered in the "National Championship" race to the ACU
6) ACU to post race particulars on ACU website
7) ACU to provide winners awards top men and women (including delivery arrangements)
8) ACU to provide participants certificates
Option #2 Host an “ACU Series” race
If you would like to involve your race, but are not interested in hosting the national championships, the other designation available is "ACU Series" race. A series race has even simpler requirements and runners accumulate points towards the ACU series championship.
Any race 50k or longer could be an “ACU Series Race”, here are the requirements:
1) course measurement - GPS accepted for trail
2) race director to provide ACU with race results
3) race director to remit $1 per runner registered in Series race to the ACU
4) ACU to post race particulars on ACU website
5) We encourage RD to obtain an IAU Lable for their event as it will draw more runners trying to qualify for the National Teams.
Thanks for considering this for your race. As a race director, you are supporting and promoting the wonderful sport of Ultrarunning. Thank you for your hard work to give runners a great experience every year.
For more information please contact the Director of the National Championships Series