- Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm
Due to the spread of the Covid-19 virus around the world, the invitation to participate to the Americas 24 Hrs Championships in Argentina, has been declined.
The safety of our athletes, officials and support crew is paramount and is not taken lightly.
The latest advisory from the Canadian Government is to avoid unecessary travel outside Canada and because of the possible closure of many countrie's borders, the decision was made to decline Canada's participation.
Another factor to consider, is that no travel insurance can be purchse until the crisis is over.
The IAU is monitoring closely the situation and will be announcing in due time the decision to cancell or postpone the World 100km coming up in September as well as the World 50km in November.
Many people are indifferent to the crisis and figured that if they get the virus, they will get over it. That might be true for those that are fit but it is those that they will transmit the virus to that are at risk.
It is everyone's responsability to do their part to avoid the spread of this virus therefore try to follow the guidelines provided by the Health organizations.
We will keep you invormed as soon as the information becomes available
In the meantime be safe and lets do our part.
Yours in sport